Wednesday, November 19, 2008

3 long days

This semester of college life started to make me feel fat, so partly inspired by Cayla's lemonade experiment, Trey and I decided to go on a juice diet. We kicked it off with pizza patron Sunday night, to compensate for our future lack of solid foods.

(slightly inaccurate, I ate pineapple pizza)

This is a cleanse diet, so in order to go though with the whole thing, we had to take a laxative before bed and do a sea salt water cleanse in the morning. The herbal laxative tea wan't bad at all, but the liter of lukewarm saltwater was terrible. Withing an hour of drinking it all, well... I'm sure you can guess what might have happened. The outcome wasn't that bad, just the act of drinking it all was disgusting.

(gross, gross, gross)

After 3 days of only water, juice, herbal tea and salt water the cravings (and headaches) took over and I caved for chips and salsa. The hunger wasn't even that bad, it was the desire for taste and texture that killed me. Juice is boring. Call me pathetic, but I look forward to every meal, I love food.

(best snack ever)

By the end I lost 4 lbs and Trey lost 7 lbs, which is awesome. What I learned most from my experience is self control. The cookie dough in the fridge has been tempting me from day one and the absence of caffeine (tea) from my life about killed me, but I made it!

(a shrine to tea)

Maybe after winter break I'll be strong enough to do the lemonade diet. That one is much more intense. It might depend on how much I eat over the holidays.

1 comment:

CAYGAYBARKAU said...

let's do the lemonade diet together! strength in numbers, right?